Thursday, April 9, 2020

Gimme a Head With Hair

So, I saw online the other day someone saying, "who said hairdressers aren't essential services???!!!"

     How are YOU looking these days? We will save whether you get dressed anymore for another day.
     This is day 25 for PH and I and about the only obstacle I can't seem to figure out how to crawl over, under, around or through is hair.   We can and do go to the grocery store once a week, we can take neighborhood walks, we can go for a drive through the countryside. We can even sit well over 6 feet apart on the porch with the grand girls and visit, eating cookies and chocolate eggs.
     I know those of you who color your hair are really panicking.  If you have long hair you can ride out the storm better than those of us with short hair.  I haven't had long hair for 46 years. Lately I'm starting to look like Albert Einstein.  Soon I won't be able to be seen in polite company.  I'll start getting looks.  The straps on my face mask won't fit behind my head.


     There was a time when we all looked shaggy and wore headbands to control the chaos.  I've gone searching through drawers and found some things that might help.

 I found these in the bathroom drawer.  When the girls were little they looked so cute with little ponies and piggies gathered in rubber bands that are about as big as the ones now on Adelaide's braces.  And the cute little sparkly clips held sweet wisps.  But I am beyond these.
 Quilt clips?  As you can see I have just one.  I don't use them to hold down my bindings while I sew so one won't be much use in my hair, either.  Nice thought, though.  You quilters out there might want to take some selfies using these in your hair!  I know they come in fun colors. 
 Potato chip bag clips? Now we're getting there. 
If all else fails and I need a lot more than three, maybe clothespins?  I have a basketful.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about taking clippers to my head ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you...I have short hair too...usually get it cut every 8 weeks or else I look like a shaggy mop....it's been 7, and my hairdresser is closed! Hubby said he would use the clippers on me that I use to do his hair (he doesn't have much!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are desperate I want to see the hair???? I'm sure it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete