Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Finishes


Finishes!  Well, these are the recent confinement finishes.  And I've spent some time making masks and clearing up scrap piles prepping some starts. My project table in my sewing corner is full of starts!
 This was an antique quilt I found at a garage sale.  I thought it needed to be finished.  The quilting is simple.  It really isn't this discolored, the sun and shadows were playing hide and seek

Inside and true to color.  I think this might have been done in the 30's judging from the green and the pattern.


 This is a simple use up of leftover orange peels from another project.  Sometimes when I like making squares so much I just overdo it and keep going.  The binding is scrappy.  I will often make scrappy bindings in a color, store them and I love  the ease of reaching into the container and choosing something that works and is already done. The binding is what I was working on when the girls came over yesterday to play in the woods.
 Zooming in, you can see they were working on something
But when you see how far back they really were, well, you can't see them at all.  If you look at the center of this picture and go back, back, back, they were just a pin prick in the very center of the picture.  They love going back there to play along the creek especially on these tolerably warmer days and before the mosquitoes come out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow those tulips will be very pleased they have got to shine. It looks great. the girls do love that forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL tulip quilt!! and those Chocolate cakes ... YUM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete