Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Swapping Circles

 A long time ago, maybe almost two years ago I was making lots of yo-yos and Friend Susan in Australia said she needed to do a yo-yo project but ugh, the making of enough of them to actually do something with was...ugh. So I put mine in an envelope and sent them to her.  It was a start. 

Then one day, a surprise arrived in the mail from Susan. She sent this center, a totally out of my comfort zone, not a lot in my stash to work with these colors center piece but I dug around, came up with enough of something that looked pretty darn good with these half circles,




Added a funky bird or two to make it more like me and I think it worked very well.  I don't like a heavily quilted quilt.  I quilt lightly and here I just took a cookie cutter and traced circles to keep with the circley thing going in the middle.

After I had the top applique done I folded it up and it sat on a shelf for almost the two years.  I know in quilt time two years is practically nothing.  I have fabric in my stash that's at least 20 years old but once I start something it's kind of a rule with me to finish it.  My thing is: " if you liked it enough to make the top you have to like it enough to finish it." So I took it out and quilted it and here it is, Susan!  How are the yo-yos coming?

5 comments:

  1. Like what you did with the circles and now you have a pretty table topper....
    Love to see what Susan did/does with the Yo-Yos ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely surprise and you have made it into a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice project for you both to do. I love the birds too. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks good.........good swap....

    ReplyDelete