Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Scratch That Itch

 Do you ever just get a bee in your bonnet and can't let go?  I had a vision of a pizzelle iron I had many years ago. I know in the many moves I didn't let it go.  I know I used it and kept it but darned if I can find it anywhere.  I even called the grand girls to come over and get down on the kitchen floor and reach way back in to the dark recesses of the cupboards to see if it was there.  I know it wasn't in the storage room in the garage.  I also know I would not have let it go.  They didn't find it either. They even got back up from the floor.  I'd still be down there all these weeks later. 

So the idea hummed for a few weeks, I pinned pizzelle recipes and kept looking.  Amazon. Cooking supply stores.  Reviews.  I was possessed with pizzelles. 

Yesterday PH and I went inside a department store for the first time in a year.  I tend to wander away from him when we go in to stores and I did again.  I wandered over to the appliances, just looking at nothing but there it was. A little thing.  Electric.  Price was so low I brought one up to the counter just as PH was checking out and discovered it was even lower because he had a 30% off coupon.  Well, hey, for less than $10  I couldn't have bought a dozen pizzelles in a bakery for that price. I'd take this one home and scratch that pizzelle itch

So today I gave it a go.  I was going to have the impeachment trial going in the background, a new quilt project to cut out, why not juggle with three balls?

 
 I expected something like pancake batter but nope, it was more like a a sticky cookie dough.

I took a dozen down to the street to the girls and kept this dozen for us (me.)
New colors picked for a new project via Australia Donna.  I'm making mine a little smaller than hers because there's a point in sizing that a quilt can just be too big for my hand quilting comfort.  

So that's all I got!  Still no vaccine for us and still pretending to be patient. 
 

7 comments:

  1. How fun! I have never had a pizzelle, but we went through a similar thing with a Belgian waffle maker and an itch DH had. :) So are these more cookie like, rather than waffle-ish?
    So are you making a quilt like the one Donna made from her French General fabrics? Looks like Christmas colors--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to google “Pizzelle” to find out what it was.... they do sound delicious and pleased you starched that itch.....
    Your new project looks interesting. Is the top Chooky made with big blocks ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d never heard of a pizzelle either. They do look yummy. Have fun with your new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizzelle is new to me too, they look wonderful and a great purchase for you. Enjoy your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG they sound very good.........and they look so pretty.....I did have a little google also.......If they are waffish I would have them with icecream.......
    your slightly smaller quilt is still pretty big......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to google it too, at first I thought what a funny name for a waffle type thing, then I checked the spelling carefully HA HA HA !!! Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete