Friday, February 19, 2021

Chocolate and peanut butter

 A day for trying a new project.  I saw a post for peanut butter cups and remembered I had something from our retreat chef that was similar but different .  I combined the two and came up with this today.  

The post recipe looked too gooey, and maybe it wouldn't have been but it just looked like it.  It also had a lot of sugar:  powdered sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, I couldn't see where there was anything to hold it together.  So.  I took out Chef Sharon's recipe and added a lot of chopped peanuts.

Again, I didn't measure I just dumped a bunch into the little food chopper and turned it on. When they looked like grit I stopped. I wanted the texture.  Then I added peanut butter, a mere fraction of the powdered sugar, no brown sugar, half of a stick of melted butter, vanilla, and stirred it up.   Put it in a parchment lined pan and into the freezer.
Then melted a bag of milk chocolate chips and a cup or so of semi-sweet chips.
Covering anything in chocolate is always messy.  For me at least.  I wasn't going for looks this time, it was an experiment.
They turned out very well if I do say so myself.  Elizabeth stopped over and said for her taste they tasted good but she would want the peanuts ground down a bit more because she didn't like the texture quite that much.  I bought a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups for "research purposes" only and we compared. Even though she suggested improvements (that's why we call them experiments) she said, "yes, I want to take them home!"


6 comments: