Monday, August 21, 2017

Only in America

It was a pretty big day here today.  As everyone knows, we were going to be treated to a total solar eclipse only in America and if at all humanly possible, it was a must see.  Here in Michigan we were going to get about 80-85% totality.
 PH was the hero of the day because he brought home some viewing glasses.  We had two pair but believe me, it was enough for all of us to get the experience.


 I attempted to make the paper viewing thingy but couldn't get it to work.  Elizabeth looked at it and said, "Grandma, you didn't punch the holes completely through." She did and voila!

 How can you forget that look of awe?  She kept saying, "awesome!"
Yes, it was.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I was wondering if you guys would see it. I was getting stories on my newsfeed warning people not to stare directly into the sun...bought back memories of an eclipse when we were children. I sat in the outdoor toilet......stay with me here. There were holes in the tin roof of said toilet and I was able to see the shadow of the eclipse on the floor whilst sitting on a comfortable seat....hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete