Monday, August 10, 2026

Well, She Was Right

 She knew what she wanted, she took images from three different ideas, combined them and here we are.


I have to say, the border makes it.  I really wasn't sure at first but I used all of the colors in the flowers and the leaves - and then some - and just finished attaching the border.  I sent her a photo and she said it's perfect.  

Now to figure out how to quilt it.  I'll do it by hand instead of sending it out.  I'm a fan of cross-hatch quilting because I think it looks clean and keeps the spacing the same throughout.  Till I get the batting and figure out a back it's folded and waits.  She did choose a backing out of my stash but it won't be enough so will have to be pieced. 

Nap. 

6 comments:

  1. yowza! indeed the border is the pink roses on a birthday cake...it really gives it wow...yes cross hatching is a fave of mine as well...really really nice denice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect! How to quilt something is always the hardest part for me. I was thinking baptist fans at first, but maybe just echoing out from the flowers? A cross-hatch is always nice, too, and easier done by hand than on a long arm (you can't load a quilt diagonally...at least I don't think you can...). What will you bind with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice design. The cross hatching will be great too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks wonderful _ I am sure she is delighted with it - the border is an excellent addition. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely perfect. It's so interesting to see what she was imagining come to life. I'm so glad she's pleased. Now, you can relax and just enjoy the quilting.

    ReplyDelete