Monday, August 31, 2026

Three Tables

 

It took three tables pushed together to get this completely flat for basting.  Actually, that was a nice surprise.  In the past I put PH's puzzle table and the dining room table together but I really, really needed this quilt completely on a surface, no fiddling with "almost."  Out of the corner of my eye I saw the accent table next to the window.  I put it in place and it was exactly the right height, size and boy was I happy.

I really needed this taut, lined up, and still.  


I figured out by chance that I could cut just an inch or so off the sides of the back fabric and it would fit exactly the dotted fabric on the front for size.  So I measured and measured and waited a few days so I could look at it, circle in, wait for the attack. 
Finally, I cut the yellow over size for overhang on the edges.  And this is where it needed to work. I wanted to match corner seams on both front and back, run my fingers along the seams and pin to match. I pinned and pinned but didn't have enough safety pins because my stash of safety pins for basting are holding three other quilts in the que.
    Then I thread basted.   And it's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment