Monday, August 3, 2026

Sunflower Journey

 After being gone for a couple of weeks and not stitching at all the week before we left, it took a little talking to myself to get back in the groove.  But get into the groove I must because there is still so much to be done.

I had made a pile of border pieces using all of the yellows in the sunflowers and many of the smaller pieces of greens that I had that were in the stems and leaves.  

The weather was rainy a couple of days this week so I had permission (from the weather) to start connecting and here we are.  Now I'm a little nervous but I will endure and it will fit and Adelaide approves. 


8 comments:

  1. The border is perfect! If you had described it to me, I would have wrinkled my nose and doubted you, but it's exactly right! And I was glad for the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks terrific! I love original creations because there is not wrong or right, just the choices of the maker. We've had such hot hot hot weather. Today is just in the 80's so far. The 100's will be back for the weekend so I'm going to enjoy this while and can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that combo of fabrics for the border... that quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t wait to see this finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so beautiful and vibrant! Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lotta sewing but results are wow....love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My word - that is very dedicated bordering going on there.

    ReplyDelete