Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Number 6 finish

 

This is Number Six finished. Bound and gagged.  It's not a big quilt but it was in the pile of UFOs so it worked to be able to finish hand quilting in a month.
I dug in and found a piece of floral for the border, sifted through Sally's 30's fabric bag and bound it in scrappy strips of red.  All of the colors in the border even that out.
These were squares I got from Sally who gave me a large grocery bag full of 30's fabrics and blocks that were abandoned after becoming blocks.  All I did was added scrappy sashings and quilted it.  It's been done for a week but my back is misbehaving and I'm kind of best friends with a heating pad lately so  projects have just languished.

While we have been homebound because of big snowstorms and below 0  temperatures I've spent some time prepping for numbers 1-5 and 7-10.  I rarely ever sew during the day but sometimes it has to be done and we were home so there were no outside distractions.  So I'm cutting for number four, put together  number 5 as it waits to be quilted.  But that one must be done by end of April so if that number isn't chosen soon it may have to jump the line.  Number one will be an easy finish.  Number seven is layered and pinned and waiting to be called up. 
I think I have this under control.  You?


6 comments:

  1. You are certainly making good progress. The quilt turned out so cute and colorful. Sorry to hear you have slowed down because of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! #6 is done - join the club. There are many early finishes and lots of progress.
    I like that you are working ahead to prepare the others numbers on the list for finishes as well.
    So sorry to hear about your back, darn it. Take care of it and maybe it will heal up.

    It has been super cold here too which is typical for January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, back pain is not good for sitting and sewing. Hope it is relieved soon. Great planning for future months. Nice hand quilting finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations,well done on the finish! Sounds like you are ready and organised for the rest of the challenges. I hope your back heals soon, back pain is not fun! Not sure I have my challenges under control, we will see how the year goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good work on with your finish, glad some of you took up the challenge. Sewing is a non event for me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Denice that looks great..... Congrats on the finish...... Sounds like it's going great with your prep for the coming months..... Go Girl

    ReplyDelete