Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Retreat part 2

More retreat pics.  Now, I said yesterday we had a couple of over achievers but that doesn't mean the rest of the group are slackers.  Oh, no. I am very lucky to call these highly skilled perfectionists my quilt buddies - it keeps me on my toes!

We didn't have everyone participating in show and tell but we did have these

Barb and I are each working on Liberty circles.  She, who is much more prolific than me has hers finished.  It does spur me on to get with it.  
She also said this is her last visit with Minick and Simpson.  She is a red and white or a blue and white or other color combinations but not so much red, white and blue.
Jan.  This was a stunningly beautiful quilt and that gingham border speaks to my heart. Gingham is so fresh.
Now, this one got to me for sure.  For this retreat we each did an 8.5 inch (unfinished square) for each other.  According to our individual specs and using some of the fabric we each provided.  Joyce asked for fall leaves and the fabric she gave was the background of each square.  We exchanged the squares the night we arrived.  By the end of the next day she had a table runner with her leaves done. DONE!
Mine?  They are in their individual baggies.  We agreed to have them constructed into something by spring retreat.  
These are Joyce's colors.  Purple, wine, teal, blue and all batik.
Me?  I just brought the sashiko I worked on during our car ride through the Upper Peninsula in early September.  I have to have something to do when riding and found this to be the perfect car project. I came home and made them into pillows - using my new 120 year old machine - and am convinced when we take another car trip this sashiko is what I'll work.  No special equipment, not even a hoop, just my regular embroidery needle, Number 12 perle cotton and snip scissors.  Done.

So, overachievers unite!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts and cushions and clever ladies, love the circles quilt and the purple batik one. I like them all really!! Very clever lady to get her leaves into a table runner so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All gorgeous show and tell and your sashiko cushions are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are lovely and I can see those sashiko cushions on your couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great show and tell, a productive time.

    ReplyDelete