Sunday, June 11, 2023

Waiting in the pile

 It occurred to me I've mentioned three quilts that have been pinned and now sit in the basket waiting their turn to be quilted.  But I haven't showed them.  

I've started on the applique for Charlie's graduation quilt and it's testing me.  It's a simple design but it's still testing me so I'm glad I have some choices in diversions.  There are, of course, all of those Liberty circles to applique.

So here are the ones waiting. By waiting I mean they've been layered and are ready. 

This Liberty flying geese quilt makes me smile every time I look at it.  It's all Liberty of London fabrics, even the backing!!  When we were in London and at Liberty again I was told (after I made some purchases) that there was a sale floor.  I found the backing for $9.95 a yard!  Usually, Liberty runs close to $30 a yard!  I wish I wasn't so darned tired that day, and I wish I didn't have a closet full of fabric I still need to use before I die. But I did get backing for this one.
                                                                I love the bohemian look to this.
This one turned out exactly like I wanted it to.  Now, usually I make things up as I go along, pulling from the stash and just going with it.  But the print I used as my white separating blocks was special, I love, love, love it and didn't want to spoil those little sheep and children by cutting them up too much. Yet, I'm not getting any younger and MUST choose to use those special fabrics.  So I decided to do a very, very low volume 9 patch and chose colors for the 9's that went with the colors in the sheep/children squares and I am very happy with it.  Can't wait for this one to be done.


I think I showed this one before but it's finally layered and ready for the needle.


5 comments:

  1. Love all of your quilt Denice, especially the flying geese, although the children and sheep are pretty cute! Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a busy time ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice quilts and yes those little lambs have to be used. I cant believe all of these are by hand. Love the liberty. Not sure if I have it right , are the lambs the back of the liberty or another quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are so lovely...... Goodluck finishing them....... Love the liberty one in the previous post......

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful, but that last one, I am in love! Hand quilting will take you awhile but it is such a nice thing to do while relaxing.

    ReplyDelete