Friday, June 9, 2023

Ghost

 Do you believe in ghosts?  I do, but I don't know that I actually call them that.  Have I seen any?  Well, yes, but sometimes you don't have to "see" them to know they are there, are real or exist.  I've seen my grandma, my father-in-law,  knew of my mom's intervention when it was needed, knew of a nephew's return to 'visit' his son, grand daughter talked with them in their house when she was a toddler and even now says they are still in their house, there are many instances.  I think if you are open they will let you know they are around.

Yesterday evening I went on a ghost tour in downtown Grand Rapids.  Our guide took us on a walk through the streets stopping at the oldest buildings and sites in the city and told us of 'ghosts' that make themselves known within the old buildings.  

Luckily there are many old buildings in Grand Rapids that have not been replaced by 'progress' and have been renovated and still occupied.  The stories the people who still work or live in those buildings tell!   
Our guide is well versed in these stories, and it was a lot of fun to hear them.  


I grew up in this city and during a time when I was my grand kids' ages our downtown was accessible and fun for us.  We grew up knowing these old buildings and hearing the names of the town 'fathers' so this was a special treat for me. It was also very interesting to see how much the center of the city has changed from my wandering days.  I worked down here for many years and watched the decline over time so to see so many new places filling in again was fun.  And hearing some of these stories was the frosting on the cake. 


2 comments:

  1. That would be a wonderful tour. We have had a few strange things happen at night over the years, and often say a family member who has died has come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun that would have been. Yes I agree i have felt a spirit only a few times in my life.. no explanation but as if they were right there some how .

    ReplyDelete