Thursday, July 21, 2022

Strawberries and Tomatoes

 I don't usually do this.  I usually  do my own  choosing of fabrics...well, with PH's opinion sometimes, too. If I like something I  put other somethings in the mix and then ask his opinion.  We usually agree.   

Last night I went into the stash to try to find a border for the churn dash quilt and my eyes fell on this. It has been living in the stash for a few years (but not as long as some have!)   I absolutely love it.  It's blue.  It's strawberry.  What's not to love?  So, like a favorite blouse, I didn't want to use it.


But I do think it plays well with the churn dashes.  The blue seems to fit, the berry theme of many of the middles seems to fit.
So I'm thinking this could be when I use this favorite, special, much stroked piece of fabric. What do you think?  I won't cut it till I hear from someone else.  Like I said, I don't usually ask for outside opinions but  I do love these blue strawberries and don't want to be sorry I used it here.


AND would you look at these!  The first tomatoes from my two  robust tomato plants!  I have a very, very hard time getting a tomato plant to produce.  I try every year because I want the convenience of   going out the door and picking a tomato for a BLT.  But every year I am disappointed.  I vow every year "never again." But every spring I try again.  This is the first time in living memory I am getting actual edible tomatoes for ME before the squirrels, mice or latest tomato disease gets them. I planted two plants, they are small, which is good because I'm really not a tomato alone eater. But I love a good BLT.

 In the summer, during tomato season I have a BLT every single day. Yup. It's the one time of the year we have a steady supply of bread in the house.  A BLT is only as good as your T and your B. Sometimes I substitute basil for the L but otherwise it's a basic sandwich everyday that I have a good T to contribute.  So this is 12 days worth!  So far. There are many green to orange ones out there and it's so hot they are  ripening fast.  Yesterday I picked  4, today I picked 8!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I do think that border is perfect.........mixes so well.........go for it..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the border fabric too, perfect match. Well done with the tomatoes, I do the same thing, plant them every year and often do not get much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is just right, and nothing comes close to a home grown tomato

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the strawberry fabric. A good match. Love homegrown tomatoes. I had a random one just grow in my front garden & it has lots of tomatoes on it with 3 just ripened. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got to harvest your tomatoes. They look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete