Monday, June 27, 2022

June 27 and Churn Dash


As you can see by the clothes on this line, it's summer here.  It's warm and sometimes hot, it's sunny and sometimes not, it's not very rainy but we've had some.  It's also not a time that I'm inside much even if being outside just means sitting on the porch reading the afternoon away.  We spend just too much time inside in Michigan so when the windows are open and the sun is warm I'm not going to be  sitting inside sewing.   So when Donna tossed out the churn dash SAL I was very reluctant.  She is in the midst of winter, turning on the heat and closing the windows and stitching.  She is also very convincing. She doesn't easily take no for an answer. So I agreed.  I mean if  these peeps are my stitching group now I will do what I can to play along.

BUT when it's very steamy and we turn on the air conditioner (temperature has to be 90 degrees before we do that) I DO come inside.  So. Last week when we had those days I hunkered down with my stash and cut churn dashes and then did a blitz with the machine and sewed them ALL together. 

I now have all 32 of them done. So I suppose that makes me ahead of deadline and able to wait a bit for another couple of very steamy  days to put them together and it gives me time to think of sashing.  

4 comments:

  1. Go Denice, good on you with the churn dash challenge. I have to do that this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been hot to get you to make all those blocks at once on the machine.....that's a nice green background.........not sure i like the background I picked now.......lucky I have not cut any of it.........the poor machine would not know what hit it......its probably over heated........the things you do for your group........hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting them all done, think I might need to get ahead of the schedule too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done getting ahead of the game with your churn dash blocks, you can relax now! I'm envious of your warm temperatures, it's cold here, and it's hard to get moving!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete