Friday, June 3, 2022

A Good Day

 Today Friend Laurie and I went to Shipshewana. "Shipsy " is a destination for quilters and I try to stay away now that I'm not buying fabric anymore. In my  attempt to use what I have it's just not safe to go to a place like Lolly's or Yoder's or any other fabric store, especially there. But today I did. Truly if I was going to look for anything it was something to use as a background for the churn dash stitch along Donna convinced me to join. I found that. And a few other bits. Self control was the name of the game.

Laurie and I stopped at food places, too. Oh, my, I bought more in the bulk food places than I did fabric! 

I never carry a purse anymore but this day I wore slacks that didn't have pockets so I HAD to take something.  I told Laurie I  won this bag at retreat.  Barb made it and I won it and it is so cheery it was a good take along today. I LOVE it. When Barb made it she texted a picture to Sally and me and I flipped. What luck that I won it a couple of months later.  Laurie took my picture to document I was carrying the bag, any bag, AND paying for my fabric(s).  Yes, I did buy but was pretty darned controlled about it.

 

There seems to be a lot of photos on IG and FB showing a photo of the day.  Last night I thought about what I could post one photo of per day. I don't do enough IG to remember and never post on FB so if I were going to  try it it will have to be a blog thing. And since I can't get PH to brake for antiques or ice cream he will, with much grumbling, stop so I can take photos of clothes hanging on a line. It's June. Warm enough to hang clothes and today was plenty windy and warm enough to dry them.  So. Since we were driving through Amish country and I  "encouraged" Laurie to stop a couple of times ( it could have been lots more than a couple of times ) I'll   reminisce some of my favorites each day. I hope I remember to do it.

These are for the first three days of June.

                                                                           Amish dresses
                                           It was a very windy day today but perfect for line drying

                        This one was from a year ago but still Amish. And ingenious in design.     

5 comments:

  1. Well I hope it was the background for the Churn dash sal.......I have no self control in a patchwork shop......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and love the clothes lines.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos remind of some I took in 2018, when we toured in the USA and visited the Amish settlement of Jamesport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good to see the washing out drying in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so hard to have control in the fabric shop. Love the washing

    ReplyDelete