Monday, November 2, 2020

Not Much But Something

Not much happening at the end of my needle lately.  I'm taking an achy fingers break BUT I did finally finish all of the components for the butterfly quilt.  They just need to be trimmed and then connected. Hooray!  I mean really....HOORAY.
The things you find when you go through closets and cupboards looking for something else.  I'm a tote bag queen.  I love them, use them for everything and have some designated as 'clean' so only clean things can go inside, like fabric and projects and books (no corn on the cob in these.)  So the other day I found a couple of things I didn't know I had.  This stripe is a pillow.  Was a pillow.  A small cot pillow.  The inside lining is cloth napkins repurposed. Straps are long-ish for holding over the shoulder.  There were two so I made two.  Just the right size for going to the library.
This one!  I have no idea where I got this geranium fabric.  It's older, it's probably a home decorator piece for drapes or something that I must have found at an estate sale. I LOVE red geraniums and got quite excited to see I had this piece in the pile.  So, I trimmed it minimally and let it see the light of day as a tote. I can't wait till spring to use it.  This one makes me smile big.

There are more hunks and pieces in the cupboard and more totes will be happening but I think I'll wait till deep, dark winter.
 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. love your totes!
    also those cute flower blocks...what are they for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have finally completed a long awaited project....
    Fabulous couple of Totes 👜........

    ReplyDelete
  3. The applique flowers are so pretty. I would say that is definitely something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you use a pattern for your totes or just go by feel?! I'm looking for a good, SIMPLE pattern

    ReplyDelete