Saturday, November 7, 2020

Jumping off the Bridge

    I thought the last four years was stressful but this past week has been triple that times 10.  The angst on Wednesday was beyond anything I could imagine and it's only slowly easing.  Slowly.  At one point in the day on Wednesday I told someone I was going to get my hair done then find a bridge to jump off.

    But upon reflection I realized that wasn't such a good idea.  I came to the conclusion after Jenny in Australia called me to FaceTime, FaceTiming with Dodie in Florida, getting emails from Elke in Germany and Brian in England that I have friends all over the world who are worried about me and my blood pressure maybe jumping off a bridge wasn't such a good idea. I would miss them and I can't swim.

This morning I heard from Donna in Australia wondering how Gail and I were doing.  I told her I didn't know if it was possible to be happy and heartbroken at the same time but that's about it. Happy that a decent, upstanding, man with scruples is going to be elected, and heartbroken that fully half of the U.S. voted for more of the hate, bigotry and meanness of the past four years. 

Thank you good friends for checking on me.

News just in. So is Joe Biden.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes don't jump off the bridge.........can't come to your funeral in the USA I may never make it back into Australia even if I could get out..........
    So sad your country is so split....goodluck.....and yes it maybe your election but it effects the whole world.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. No jumping off the bridge when you can't swim isn't a good idea...
    Hopefully things will settle down as it is still a worrying time...
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the election has been a stress to you. It has concerned me some but not consumed me. Things have a way of working out.

    ReplyDelete