Friday, November 20, 2020

Confusion

 I will be the first to raise my hand when asked if this techie stuff is confusing. I will be the first to ask for help. Usually, I am afraid to click the button because I imagine smoke coming from the keyboard if I do.   

So. A bit ago I was having problems with one particular blog post, getting over a hundred spammy comments and I reached out to Donna to help me.  She did. Thank you, Donna.

Today I got an email notification for another one of those spammy comments on that same blog and when I went to delete and send them away forever (I hope)  I noticed the "moderate" button and that many, many comments from many of you were awaiting moderation.  Well!  I never knew that little button was there, much less there was a whole line of you behind it who have been commenting for months and I never said "ok."   Geez.  

So, I allowed all of your comments, all from friends, that is,  and apologize for ignoring you.  I wouldn't ignore you. I just didn't know you were there.   And it's interesting that your comments didn't come to my email but they didn't.  Don't stop visiting, please! I will try to remember that little "moderate" thing is there.  

                                

4 comments:

  1. The learning curve is never ending, Glad you could find the comments. Hope your spam misery is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things are sometimes so hard to sort out. Good luck keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel Denice.... I often have trouble 👿 but thankfully there is always a lovely person like Donna to help us....
    Good luck now with comments. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't noticed. I just comment and then don't look back to see that it posted.

    I have been getting an anonymous blog commenter frequently as well. I am now glad that I was forced into comment moderation because of it.

    It is wonderful that Chooky helps you out from so far away.

    ReplyDelete