Monday, October 24, 2011

Beware of Dog

I have one more story about our quilt weekend.


On the way there Friend Marilyn and I stopped at a pottery studio. It was beautiful, looked like a fairy house set into a tree.
When we got out of the car three dogs came gamboling over to welcome us, a shaggy dog and two golden retrievers. They were a very energetic welcoming committee and I gave them lots of pats and coo talk. One of the goldens just had to show me the pond that is out of this picture but directly to the right. He went bouncing in and began pouncing on something.

Finally I realized it was little frogs he was chasing. They jumped in, he dove for them. I got my camera. I found a little frog sitting on a rock.
I got close. I got the dog's attention. I pointed to the frog, "Here's one! Look! See? Here's one!" The dog saw me, he waded over to the rock, and GULP! He ate the frog!!!!!!!!!
I screamed! Friend Marilyn burst out laughing, I started laughing and screaming, we were both hopping around the pond crossing our legs for bladder control yelling back and forth, "He ate it! Oh, no, we're too old for this! Our bladders can't take this! I hope they have a bathroom! Oh, My God, he ATE it!! I'm sorry little frog! He ATE it!" We were more than concerned about our bladders, we couldn't stop exclaiming in hysterical shock (you know how it is when something just overtakes you.) Never did I dream that the dog was going to EAT that little frog! It never knew what hit him. And the dog didn't just swallow, he chewed. I've never seen anything like that.
A dog ate a frog.
There could be a children's story in that line, but the story wouldn't have a happy ending.
I'm sorry, little frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment