Thursday, June 3, 2010

Party!

No picture today. Too tired to lift the camera. Tomorrow (Friday) the staff from school is coming for the annual EOYP (End of Year Party) and I've been chopping, slicing, dicing all day. Every year we have this end of year wind down at our place. Even though it's an hour's drive for them, they love this evening very much. They contribute to the groceries and I do all of the cooking so when they arrive the drinks are cold and the food is hot. The menu for tomorrow is: As an appetizer we're making a paella in the biggest paella pan. That will hold them while we wait for everyone to arrive, and it helps with the first hungries.
The we have grilled souvlaki, Greek salad, spinach pie (instead of individual little triangles I'm making it in 9 x 13 pans) and a wonderful potato leek dish. Dessert? Well, first thing in the morning I'm going to pick strawberries and make 7 of those wonderful strawberry pies I showed you yesterday.
We'll have about 35 people so I basically triple any recipe. It's a lot of work but I'd rather cook the feast than dinner every night! I put an audio book in the CD player and someone reads a story to me while I slice, dice, chop, saute, and bake.
Bon apetit!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should post the recipe for that potato leek dish! Your dinner is making me hungry and I just ate lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Denice you sound busy! I have sent you an email, but perhaps its not working, so I'm popping in here to let you know that you won my flea market fancy string bag! My email address should come through to you with this comment, could you please send me your postal address and I will send the bag off to you on Wednesday. Congrats on winning, Cathy from Cabbage Quilts.

    ReplyDelete