Saturday, April 20, 2024

Just a Quickie

 Just a quickie post before I leave for retreat weekend.



This is my April Chookshed Stitcher project...and finish!  Someday I'll remember to straighten things out before photographing them but (there's always an excuse, isn't there?) I took this photo while zooming last night and just kind of laid it on the bed in the sun and  - done!

This is obviously a small one and while I chose projects that needed to be finished this one was a new start.  And finish.  The piece I used for the binding was color perfect with a dash of red and I do love this little thing.  And the truth squad will make me admit to machine piecing and quilting it.  New to me for sure.

I absolutely loved this blue strawberry for years and just didn't want to cut it up.  But as we said last night during zoom, we aren't getting any younger, we have a lot of money tied up in our stashes and in the end our kids would rather disperse our finished quilts than put our stashes in an estate sale. I decided when choosing this little piece that if I used the blue strawberry it would not get lost. 

Wonderful zoom last night, too!  Now, off to retreat weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Darling small quilt, I love the blue strawberries. I think I need to go through my stash and find all the things I particularly love and use them. I think that would be a lot more satisfying that saving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for joining in with the Chookshed challenge, I am cheering from the sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the finish, it is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you on zoom....... Good to have your mini finished it looks great........

    ReplyDelete