Sunday, November 19, 2023

November flowers

 A new finish!  This one makes me smile.  I am sorry the photo shoot wasn't artistic, but we took the clothesline down, all the porch furniture is put away so here it is!  It's a stash quilt. All fabrics I've been unwilling to use because I like them.  I love the batik green polka dot fabric with the shading that batik does for us.  The little flowers are all scraps and bits, their pink flowered background is a piece I bought when the girls were toddlers (they are now teenagers) and I thought would make a cute sun dress - that never happened!  The black stripe border is a VERY old Mary Englebreit fabric that I love, love, love and of course the gingham border.  I love gingham.  


The backing  is a piece I bought so long ago I can't remember when.  A long time, but I thought it keeps the cheerfulness going that is on the front.  I fussy cut that pink stripe to use on the border.
And this.  This is the last rose of summer, picked in the middle of November.  You can see by the leaves she is hanging on for dear life so she now sits on the windowsill in the kitchen where her feet can be warmer than outside.  Our November has been quite mild.  Not unheard of but not usual for some November days to be this nice but this much sunshine in November is quite unusual.   This weekend last year we had a snowstorm so yes, when November gives us sunshine and blue skies and sweater temperatures we will take it with a smile. 


4 comments:

  1. What a thoroughly delightful quilt. It has so much charm. I bet it was fun to make and will cheer you up every time you look at it. Is it for you or will your give it away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your hip is doing well.
    I'm like that too.. don't want to use fabric that i love. If I did use it, I'd have to go by more. Just to have it. Now, in later years, I just by very little amounts and use it right away. Most of my "shopping" is done in my garage. I've shopped very well and enjoy fondeling my collection. I love Mary E !
    Now, I wander back and forth betwen quilting, embroidery and counted crosstitch.
    I remember that storm last year in November. Scared the bejesus out of me. I thought if it stayed this cold this early, I was going to die in the cold. The furnace ran non-stop for two days. Scary! The rest of the winter wasn't too bad. Not much shoveling either.
    Thankyou for sharing your rose.
    I have nothing left. Just happy memories and a smile on my face from watching humming birds and smelling the flowers. On to stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  3. grr! I know the difference between by and buy...do'nt know why it didn't "take". Now it stuck on e forever. Gonna stop before it prints something naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt too and especially the green, it looks so cheerful

    ReplyDelete