Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Bramble Bloom

 Usually I don't participate in QALs because I tend to fall behind or just not get started in the first place.  But I do love Audrey's style and when she offered to do a QAL I thought it a perfect opportunity to see how the inside of her head works. Her blog is Quilty Folk on my sidebar.  Take a look and wander through past posts.  She does have a plan but her style has a "huh, let's stick this in there for interest" look.  Of course there is MUCH planning involved but I love her quirky free style. 


 In fact, this quilt, which so many of you commented or emailed me about, is my take on one of hers.  I started with the flowers and went from there.  She might not even recognize it as a take on one of hers.

So, when she decided to do what she calls Bramble Bloom QAL I said yes.  


The idea was to go through the stash and pick our oldest fabrics and free form background from three fabrics and then cut some flowers.  Well, I went through my stash and found a combination of  both old and new.  And then I found a piece of old that had some flowers that I decided to try my hand at broderie perse (did I spell that right?)  And there was this perfect coordinate for the vase. I have to find the little pile of leaves I already have cut out and thought I knew where they were but obviously moved.  She doesn't have a vase for hers....yet.   Go check out Quilty Folk.  On her sidebar is a list of people also doing this project so check out some of them, too.  Everyone is different and that's what makes improvisation fun.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love what you have done with the Broderie Perse. Hopefully the leaves will show up soon. And your right, everyone's interpretation of this SAL is so different. It makes it all so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you are doing for your QAL. Off to check out your tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I would never have thought of this but it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am totally in love with your broderie perse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Denise. I love the broderie perse idea, looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thats pretty Denice..........good choice to make it.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Happy Flowers quilt! The green in the border just makes it sing.:) Fun to see what you are doing with the Bramble Blooms!

    ReplyDelete