Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Holiday catch up

 Christmas 2022 is in the books.  We had the kids here for the 26th - 27th and had a wonderful visit.  Our son is now initiated into the driveway club. I don't know how he's made it so many years without getting stuck but he's all caught up and a member in good standing now.

Our annual photo of the kids. Three of them are now within an inch or two of being taller than PH and I.  Charlie has topped us.
There was grilling in the cold
and color coordinating going on


The day after they left the tree came down, decore all put away, everything dusted and tucked.
It got quiet really fast.  No baking, cooking, shopping, slicing, dicing, chopping. Just rejuvenating naps.

And then Chooky came to the rescue one afternoon with a quick zoom meet up.   I was on for a couple of hours and it was so nice to see people.  
And, the big news!  I'm working on quilting the butterflies.  Haven't picked up a needle in  many weeks but I'm getting back in the saddle with this one. 

Also sorting and positioning for color little squares for a pillow top. It's so gloomy and dark outside, and thus in the house I had to put this on a table in a window for daylight.  I will hand applique each square so in the end 
they will look like this.  This will be the third project I did with these little squares. One I sent off, this one is the map of zoom friends and the one in the windowsill will be a pillow. They are actually quite fun to do if you like hand applique.

So now it's January and it's quiet and I'm loving it. 


3 comments:

  1. You have beautiful projects underway there Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have family time, but also the peace and quiet, sorry to miss you on zoom, I was there just at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see your family. I just wish I had more room so when we gather we wouldn't be on top of each other like we were this year. We haven't all gathered together since 2019 and 3 of my grandsons have grown, including their appetites. Well, actually, they have all grown. . . The butterfly quilt is going to be so fun to hand quilt.

    ReplyDelete