Friday, April 22, 2022

Just squares

 During the covid years some of us purged closets and some of us got creative in their quilting.  Some of us said, "enough, already" and some of us were creative and took on huge life quilt projects. Some of us just  wanted to leave the kids a quilt instead of a pile of scraps when we died and some of us were creative and were inspired to use the time out to best artistic advantage. I wasn't one of those creatives.  Inspiration came in the form of clearing out scraps and just making something no one would be afraid to take to the beach or let the kids make a tent from.

This poor orphaned pink project came from scraps - some feed sacks, some from an apron I took apart for the color, some leftover scraps, and some greens. I had it pinned and waiting to be quilted in a basket for two years.

There was no planning, no layout, no design wall arrangements.  I just sewed squares together so the scraps would  become something. And I like it!


 That strawberry embroidery on the border fabric makes me smile.  I don't know where I got that but I remember thinking, "what are you saving it for? It's a pink quilt."   

And now there is one less quilt in the basket waiting for some attention.

6 comments:

  1. I went from creative to practicality during that time. I keep saying, "the kids will get rid of the fabric when I'm gone but they won't get rid of a pieced quilt top."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely quilt and the strawberry fabric makes a very cute border...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just squares looks amazing, sometimes simple is enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt. Well done to get it out of the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfectly organized and well balanced to me. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete