Sunday, June 13, 2021

Gift week

 Walking through our mega grocery /stuff store one day I saw a really cute dish towel that featured an embroidered Michigan on it.  Immediately I thought it would make a cute pillow.  Never could I use it for an actual dish towel because I am very not nice to dish towels. It would be stained and burned very soon.  But a pillow, now that was another story.  So, I bought one.  When I got home I thought daughter and daughter-in-law might like one, too and sent PH back to the store to get two more.

After days and days and days procrastinating because I just knew I'd ruin it with my mismeasuring skill less math I finally tip toed up to them during one of these hot, hot, hot indoor air conditioning days. I have a hard time seeing math.  Once I can SEE it, I can do it but until then I'm a wreck.  Finally, after much, much, much measuring (you know that adage for carpenters: measure twice, cut once?  Well, for me it's measure for DAYS, cut once and still ruin it)  and a final consultation with PH and even then not getting it into my head finally, finally the lightbulb went on.  After that it took about 45 minutes to make the backs of the three pillows.   You laugh but it's all true.

This one is front and back of daughter-in-law's.  They have a nice summer porch and it will be cute there.


This is daughter's.  They have a sweet little cottage up north very near Lake Michigan where light houses and boats are on the horizon. It will be cute up there.

This one is ours where picking summer fruits is my summer.  A much better use of a cute dish towel.



 Friend Paul called and asked if I would like his mother's quilt rack.  I said yes!

6 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when you said you might burn a dish towel! I singe hot pads but my dishtowels are usually safe. Your pillows are wonderful. It makes me want to make one and I'm not even near Michigan. Glad your friend offered you the quilt rack. it's a cute little thing and your quilts look great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well after all your thinking the threes pillows look great with fab backings…
    Lucky you getting the great quilt rack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows look wonderful, your math was spot on! The quilt rack looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushions look great...... Love the quilt rack....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on finishing the cushions, they look great, and I "once" had a quilt rack like that, but it was attached to the wall in another house, and had to stay there, although now wishing I had taken it off the wall somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never let a chance go by with that quilt rack it looks great. Yep a good idea with the dish towels too you are being a creative lady of late

    ReplyDelete