Friday, January 22, 2021

Finishes

 Back during the first lock down quarantine shuttering I went a little crazy on getting into the scrap pile and using them up.  By the time nice weather came and we could be away from each other outdoors I had five quilt tops to sandwich.  I did that, then saved them for this winter for something to do during second lockdown quarantine shuttering.

No vaccine for PH and I yet.  We are pretending to be patient.

This one was pretty much just a  scrap pile nine patch but that also means I don't care how it's used. PH's aunt Marcella called them utility quilts. I big stitch quilted it and it turned out just fine. Elizabeth likes it.

Sheepbunnies are finished, also.  I put the bindings on both of these so I could stitch them down while watching the inauguration.  I do like blue so this one really makes me smile.
For some reason I don't know why I made this little hearts thing.  I'm not a hearts person but once again I had small pieces and was making cookies one day using the heart cookie cutter and thought, "hmmm..."   I have a thing about finishing a quilt.  I think if you liked/loved it enough to make it then you have to like/love it enough to finish it.   My hoop is going through another gluing right now so it might have to wait till tomorrow.  

So, two big quilts down, three to go.
 

9 comments:

  1. Good on you. I too am trying to get some quilts out of the cupboard and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just find 9-patches appealing, whether they are planned or made from scraps. It is a cheerful finish!
    The sheep bunnies made me chuckle. Very fun. :)
    Well, your little heart quilt is very timely. I like the color you chose for the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Such sweet stitching ❤ I especially love the bunny sheep 😉 I just cut out 4 picnic bugs ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely on a roll with your quilting. I just love sheep bunnies. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those quilts are lovely, especially love the sheepbunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow you sure are on a roll with quilt finishing.........they all look great.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty quilts! You've gotten lots done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though they are scrappy quilts they are still very lovely.

    ReplyDelete