Thursday, April 4, 2019

Cruschiki Day

Today was cruschiki ( Polish bow ties) day and like the girls learned how to make PH's mother's noodles, they're learning how to make my grandma's cruschiki. 



 We used a few modern gadgets, like a pizza cutter to make the strips.  Busia never had a pizza cutter in her hand in her life.  I told the girls if they hadn't ridden their bikes over I would have had them bring the noodle making machine for rolling these out.  There's always next year.


 While I was outside frying they were inside using their own system.
 I am absolutely thrilled I finally found a way for frying these outdoors.  I don't deep fry in the house because of the residual smell and greasy smoke and since we moved to this house I've tried using the gas grill to fry them,  a small deep fryer and now a hot plate.  Nothing made the grease hot enough to fry like they should but this does.  Happy days-I can now make corn fritters more often.  Fried chicken once again!
 This was the fun part. They had to show some constraint because I told them I didn't want to have to mop the floor when they were finished.  That was a real possibility.
Done for another year!

2 comments:

  1. The girls will be expert soon. I remember these from last Easter.Is it still cold there?

    ReplyDelete