Thursday, December 20, 2018

Some Like it Hot

And that would be my son-in-law.  He loves hot peppers and puts them on and in everything. They even in their house a hot pepper tree/plant that they harvest the fresh fruits from.    Well, I've been loving the dehydrating feature on my new oven and the other day he gave me a bag full of the peppers and asked me to see if they would dehydrate so he can grind them up and put the spice on his popcorn - among other things.  More like on everything.

These are the hottest peppers out there.  I wore gloves to cut them.

 I didn't wear gloves when I stuck my finger in the oven occasionally to test their doneness as they dried and my fingers tasted of their hotness all evening - not matter how often or hard I washed my hands.  These things mean business!
 But it does work, they dehydrate down to crispyness in just a few hours

and he said he crushed them in a mortar and pestle and made chili powder.  To put on his popcorn.
Among other things.

1 comment: