Monday, June 3, 2013

A new day!

Well, it's as official as it gets.  As of last Friday,  I am fully retired.  Wow.  Please don't ask me what I'm going to do!  Why do we ask people who are planning to retire what they are going to do now?  I'm guilty as the next person and now the shoe is on the other foot I can see why that 'look' was in the eyes.   For the immediate future, summer will be the same as it's always been.  I don't think I will notice till about mid-August when I'll realize the calendar won't matter.  I won't be thinking "oh, man...just two more weeks of vacation."  "Oh, no!  Only one week before school  and the 6 a.m. wake up starts...."    My list includes quilts to make, books to read, trees to trim, trips to the city to see my mom,  and of course, naps-naps-naps-naps.  Other than that....no plans.  Sometimes no plans are the best plans.
   I DID just order my iPad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My survival prize I've been saving for two years for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment