Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Decompressing

 WE'VE
 BEEN
 BUSY!!!!
 
The girls were here for a four day stay without mommy and daddy and we were quite literally running the whole time.  We went to the city beach a couple of times, to our beach once,  to the ice cream parlor twice, shopping,  had hair cuts, took walks around the neighborhood, visited neighbors as we walked,  picked flowers, played in the wading pool,  made string art and stick art and made brownies,  and ate more Oreos than we're going to tell mommy about,  and read books and books and books and by Monday even they were tired.


To decompress after they left Monday night, and after every nerve ending in my body stopped screaming from fatigue, I picked up a block I'm doing for our exchange at October's retreat.  This is a work in progress and I'm truly making it up as I go along but I felt like I had to show something creative! Something slow and methodical.  Something!   

1 comment:

  1. LOL I know what you mean about having to do something creative. It is the best way to relax. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Such fun and what wonderful memories you are making. Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete