Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer summer summer

My red quilt is coming along in pieces. I've given into the machine in the name of time for the pieced parts of this one but will do the applique squares by hand. My mom embroidered the centers years ago. I have quite a lot of her embroidered piece work waiting to be made into quilts and this one finally, finally spoke to me.
It's hot here. Very, very hot and very, very, very humid so it's just miserable. The kids need to be kept as close to water as possible.


Charlie and Cecilia were in the wading pool and slip 'n' slide last weekend.



This morning, after we girls came back from a little visit to the beach, where it's even too hot to be, Mommy decided it was time for her girls to have their hair cut. The first picture is what happens when you take your camera out of the air conditioned house into the steamy heat of outdoors. Steamed up lens. Watch the sequence of Miss Wiggle Britches as my daughter tries to cut.










All done, Mommy, this is all I'm going to sit for....


Elizabeth wasn't much better but she had used her bargaining chips when she told Mommy she would rather wait until today to have her hair cut. It's today.



















No comments:

Post a Comment