Monday, October 4, 2010

birthdays and cake and brightness

Our Adelaide turned One last week and we celebrated her birthday this past weekend. She's very proud of being one:
She was stylish in her birthday hat:
and dove in with both hands when it was time for cake:She had a big year - from being in the Intensive Care unit at birth, tethered to tubes, to a walking, climbing eating machine for her first birthday. One half hour spent with her tells us who the comedian in the family is going to be.

While at the party I saw my entry for "colorful" in the Snappyfriends challenge.

They have everything from feathered boas to tutus to lighted construction helmets, fireman helmets, fairy wands and a WonderPets cape. Oh, and don't forget the wings!! Elizabeth's play is very imaginative!

Quilting....what's that??? I am working on E's flowered quilt, the scrappy thing I was planning on using at my house but she claimed as hers. I'm hand quilting it with perle cotton and really having a fun time with that. I'm to the border rows so it's almost finished. I just don't have the time. It's a crazy life right now and trying to stay sane is the priority. Quilting is a refuge but there just isn't the time! Stitch by stitch, one stitch at a time.
The immediate to-do list includes a felted stocking for Cecilia, 6 ornaments, putting together the flying geese for one quilt's borders and a gazillion ideas for others. The stocking and ornaments come first.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous little love! Many years of happy birthdays to come - best wishes!

    ReplyDelete