Wednesday, March 10, 2010

quilt frames, reading quilts

I love the mess I make!

Soon there will be a quilt on a floor quilt frame. I've never quilted on one before, I use a hoop and it works well. But in managing Christine I think I need a floor quilt frame. In the span of 3 days I have the offer of two! I'm going to use them both. Christine will be on one and the blue string quilt on the other. My quilt/reading/quiet space is large enough for both, near windows where the light is good and now the spring is coming it will be nice.


I like to buy those fabric books, the kind you sew into pages and stuff. I cut them apart and make 'reading quilts' for my grandchildren. This one was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and it was my first. I gave it to Charlie, my grandson for St. Nick's day a couple of years ago. These are easy and fun and the kids love them.




2 comments:

  1. you need to edit your profile so people can reply to your comments..........there is a help to do this down on the left hand sidebar of my blog............
    do a post on your blog for snappy friends and i will be back next week.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the little pile of snippings when you are sewing etc is rather nice too. How sweet to take a photo of it !
    Louise x
    PS What does a floor frame look like? I'm curious to know.

    ReplyDelete