Sunday, July 26, 2026

We're Back!

 We've been gone for two whole weeks but now we're home and so glad to be here.  I love travelling and seeing new places and trying new things and learning what I can learn but oh, I do love being home.  PH always says "three days out and you're ready to go home" and he's right. I like home.  My people are here, my books are here, my stuff is where I put it.  

This was a good trip - again, we took our grand daughter to Williamsburg, Virginia.  Well, actually, she was closer to Yorktown on a peninsula, digging in dirt, which is what archaeologists do.  PH and I stayed in Williamsburg and enjoyed Colonial Williamsburg again this year.  

There is so much to see and do and learn and even though we were there for two weeks last summer we hardly did the same things this year.

I took a lot of pictures but my photos are usually a little weird.  Not many buildings - just two, actually. This year I focused on taking photos from the outside of a window in.  I like how they turned out. 

We won't bother you or bore you with miles of scrolling, but I will do a few now and then.  

This is the master tailor for Colonial Williamsburg (CW).  As all the trades people, he actually makes the clothes the people wear.  He also made a replica of the coat George Washington wore at his inauguration.  Don't we all look for good light to sew by? 
His tools


                    


The milliner makes dresses, etc. for the women of the village.  She saw me and smiled.





No comments:

Post a Comment