Friday, September 20, 2024

Felt Book

 My felt book has interested some people and so I'm going to do a little show and tell.  People use felt to hold their pieces and shapes but it was the netting between on each page that was different.

The netting isn't easy to see but it does help hold things in place on the page. I'm still thinking on this one so not everything is here. I'm thinking wreath with the fruits she loves but so far it's not exciting me.

I peeled back the netting so you can see.  I think the point of it is that the pieces stick just to the right hand page and so when you open or turn the page the pieces stay on the right hand page.

I load up everything I think I'm going to need as I think through a block - since I'm not going to be home with my stash.

This book measures 19.5 long by about 9.5 wide.  This is the middle.  What Friend Marilyn did was layer a piece of felt, then a piece of netting, felt, netting, four times.   Stitch it in place down the middle for a seam. It's really simple, you have eight pages and with the netting separating it all stays put. 


1 comment:

  1. I neglected to thank your for sending me the pictures of your felt book. And, I'm glad for a close-up and detailed demonstration of what it is and what it can do. It would be excellent for prepping applique pieces ahead of time too. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete