Saturday, December 30, 2023

Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge

 

Ooohhhh, challenges make me nervous.  I feel like I'm being watched.  Held accountable for being ambitious and then guilty for not holding up.  I am not a very prolific quilter.   

The day after Christmas Chooky and Deana came up with a challenge and put it out to the zoom group, which, by the way, it was so nice to see everyone again.  Chooky organizes these zooms and administrates them so she has every right to hold them when SHE can.  Sometimes the time just isn't convenient for me so I have to miss a session.  I do love meeting up, keeping in touch, it's like these people from all over the world are now my quilt community.  

So.  Excuses noted, I had time to think about this challenge because I wasn't on zoom when it was suggested.  Because I had time to think about it I decided I would give it a chance.

Basically, we are to list ten projects we want to work on, name and number them and once a month Deana will pick a number and that's the project we work on for that month.  That was my selling point. I had a month to work on something that could be as small as a single block.  

I say that like it's easy but I still haven't made the block I'm supposed to make for April's retreat and I've had the assignment since October. But for me, normal life comes to a halt in October and goes through Christmas. I can only think of one thing at a time and Christmas is all consuming. 

So. I am not including a photo of these projects but they are piled in a special spot so I know what to do. If I come to regret this I will say so and summer might be a challenge and some of these numbers might have to be moved around because that one block needs to be done by April and the top finished, and Charlie's quilt needs to be done by May.  So some shuffling may happen if number 5 isn't chosen right away.

Anyone is welcome to do this challenge but you must have a blog. 

My list:

1. Charlie's quilt - finish  Done

2. nine patch bird medallion - applique and finish  assembled, layered, pinned

3. Liberty circles - finish FINALLY...at least get the top composed

4. Blue quilt - a new start using blue stash  houses - 78 composed but not yet attached to each other

5. one basket square - make the block and finish project for retreat  done

6. quilt top 1  Done

7. quilt top 2

8. Kathleen Tracy basket QAL

9. Kathleen Tracy small quilt almost done in April

10. Lowell map - finish

Notice most of these say "finish" and it wasn't hard to come up with seven things that needed finishing.  But it will feel so good if I DO get them finished.

So, good luck everyone!


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have joined in the challenge. It should keep us all on our toes. Good luck with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your list Denice, I don't think you will get a hard time if you don't meet the months challenge! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get finishes, Denice; but, progress is still a good thing. I look forward to watching those finishes happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun joining in with the challenge,
    Now No 6 has been chosen you can make a start..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see you on zoom and I'm pleased your joining us in the challenge........

    ReplyDelete