Thursday, September 28, 2023

Perfect Sunday

I have a really hard time being inside on a beautiful day, which is any day the sun is shining. Even if being outside means sitting in my chair on the porch with a book.  We've had a gloriously beautiful September so that means the dusting can wait for January. I can't let these perfect fall days go by.                                               We took my new 120 year old cranker out onto the porch.  

                                                   The little pin cushion at the ready 
         and I stitched the afternoon away outside, listening to the birds and enjoying the view

A couple hours later I finished the dresden plates I thought I would stitch by hand while in the car travelling during the beginning of the month. That didn't happen because I worked on two sashiko panels which were the perfect car project.  

Did I say I absolutely love this cranker machine?  It doesn't do anything but go forward, and it only goes as fast as I crank so we are getting along fine. 

3 comments:

  1. You machine is so lovely. The little pin cushion is really cute and with a 1930's pad it matches the fabrics you are sewing on perfectly. Sounds like you were quite content with the lovely weather and nature itself. That happens so seldom around here I need to not be in such a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I can't believe you used that. Isn't it hard to crank and sew at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect Sunday afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete