Monday, May 24, 2021

One week

 Well, PH hits another birthday and the kids were all here to help him move through it. 

May be an image of 2 people, people standing, cake and indoor

 His thing is brownies with white frosting - and the snot that I am I will only do this one day a year.  Oh, and his necklace?  We played all the reindeer games so our son's family could feel the glee of tossing raw eggs at each other.

The players were partnered with colored leis and when your egg broke you placed your lei on the grass for your finish line.  Only Ceci had to go inside to clean the broken egg off.


All of this happiness was short one player for the most part.  I had a bit of work done on that toe I broke at the end of November and spent the week being a good girl and staying off as much as possible - in my world.  No pain, no concern except I didn't want to deal with swelling so I was good for the most part. 

The little solar fountain gives me smiles. I'm so easily entertained.  The slightest shade or loss of access to direct sun and it stops. I placed it under a tree.  There are just a few hours in the day that it will spout but when you live in the forest with absolutely NO level ground for a bird bath there are few choices.  I propped my leg up and just watched.

I made up a project basket to be ready for porch sitting while keeping off the foot. 

There was the sewing down of the antique Dresden plates onto feedsack fabric I was gifted


Put a sleeve on the itsy bitsy Civil War swap

and put the binding on the strawberries.  I used a piece of old fabric gifted to me
It looks ready to receive a pie soon!   

But mostly I napped.

 

4 comments:

  1. looks like you are all having so much fun together...happy birthday PH!
    love how the strawberry runner turned out, very cute...
    and hope your toe gets better very quickly, although I'm loving those antique dresdens your doing..enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lots of lovely projects happening there. Looks like the birthday was enjoyed by all. Hope yout foot heals quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to be able to celebrate together again...looks like all had fun...
    Cute fountain ⛲️... doesn’t need much to keep you happy while your foot up...
    Lots lovely projects...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to PH. I hope you are taking good care of that foot and i hope they all waited on you. Love the quilts that stash box must be diminishing.

    ReplyDelete