Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Catching up

Hopefully, now that I am hearing  that people do indeed read this blog but are just not able to comment, I'll try to do better about posting more often.  I missed it, but really felt like the Lone Ranger out here. It would be nice if Blogger would just leave us alone.


The big news for me is that I've joined the world of smart phone owners. I've never had one so while learning to use it I've been taking stock photos of what's happening around lately.  Not much in earth shattering news, though, and on one level, that's good news.
 The forest looks like this and it's glorious.  The gold is so gold it makes the inside of the house glow, too.  PH and I stand at the back door and stare into the forest.  All too soon the ground will be white.
 We had a beautiful weekend, warm and windy and if you stayed indoors you missed what may be our last really warm one.  We took a drive to the lakeshore and had a nice lunch and watched this out the restaurant window.  Brian, we decided you would have loved this!
 After a summer hiatus we've begun our monthly stitch days again.  Once a month Friends Marilyn and Jan and I get together to stitch and visit. Marilyn is working on big stitching her latest project.  Marilyn quilts with the stab stitch method.
 Jan is trying to learn a different technique for casting on stitches for a hat.  Apparently there are different cast-ons for hats to make them easier to stretch.   Who knew?
 
And I am still dragging the stars around with me.  They get worked on only as a portable project so it's slow going.  But slow is good sometimes. 
 When the days turn colder it's time to bake - these are lemon curd pecan rolls.  Oh, my.
And if you aren't baking and eating pumpkin bread in October and November then when are ya?


 And finally, last night PH and I had my brother and sister (seated) and in-laws over for dinner.  Nibbles and wine and we didn't get farther than the kitchen for the first hour.


Slow cooking, slow quilting, slow reading, slow days.

7 comments:

  1. the forest looks glorious Demice, so peaceful..my those lemon curd pecan scrolls look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Marilynette can comment. Love your blog keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denice love your Autumn pics and looks like you are having a marvelous time with friends and family,the cooking looks so yummy,so glad you had a lovely time.
    If anyone visits my blog and leaves a comment i always do the same back,its how we get to know the blogs and people that we follow,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed Denice with you getting a smart phone, if you are like us, you will curse and carry on with it when you hit a wrong button or whatever. However they do take good photos!. I think the phtos you have posted here are stunning particularly the autumn forest - oh to get such colours up here in Queensland - but no such luck! Love the sound of the lemon curd pecan rolls and the pumpkin loaf. Have I made one this month? No, have been busy tripping around, but although Halloween is getting bigger each year here (in Australia) it is still a long way off what you do in the US. If I was to make anything with pumpkin it would be Flo Bjelke-Petersen's pumpkin scones - very popular here particularly in Qld.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lovely post. That beautiful forest, I can just imagine it with the squirrels the deer and the cardinal birds. I van smell that baking from here. So great you have a smart phone to so easy to look at things like Instagram. Say hi to the sewing ladies for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a thought Denice, maybe sending me a message through Messenger on Facebook may just work - couldn't find you on Facebook though.

    ReplyDelete