Sunday, March 24, 2019

A gift

The other day someone I know in town asked if I would like some feedsacks.  I couldn't decide how high to jump in the air in excitement.   She goes to estate sales and finds interesting things and fixes them up and she and her friends have a sale twice a year.  It's my favorite sale(s) because she finds fun things and doesn't charge enough for them.  So when she asked if I wanted some feed sacks and two old beat up quilts I said absolutely. Are you kidding? She said she was happy to give them to someone who called them treasures.
 Today is a nice day, winter has decided to give us a day off and we are even enjoying a little sun and a breeze so it's time to hang.
 I ran a zigzag stitch around all the edges, gently washed them and now they hang.
 The colors are spectacular and I want to use them, not hoard them so if any of you has an idea for an age appropriate pattern, let me know!  I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll even use the machine if I have to. 
 Some were even cut into little dresses but not finished.  Just the pieces are here.  If I had a grand girl small enough I'd finish them but as it is they will be incorporated into whatever quilt top I end up making. 
 Such a gift!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, what a great gift! love the colours of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely... funny to see you using the rotary clothes line.

    ReplyDelete