Sunday, July 22, 2018

Keeping up

Busy weeks of summer entertaining and partying!  What can be bad about that?
Do you remember the strawberry pie I make in June - after waiting a whole year for?  Well, strawberry season is over and we are on to blueberries.  This is the same basic idea.  Fresh berries, a set gel and good eats. Peaches are next. 


 We shared with Friends Aina and Terry. After a dinner of paella and wine and salad and wine we dove into that pie.
 Daughter had a birthday which we celebrated with a small chocolate cake (is there any other kind?) on her day but because Elizabeth was away at camp we saved the dinner party for when she was home.
OK, sometimes I take pictures of food.  Pies and cookies and baked things predominate but during our daughter's birthday dinner SIL ordered roasted bones for the marrow.  This was a menu item and we had a good laugh over it because while PH and I babysat our grand-dog this week I found the only way she would chew on the bones I bought her was if I baked them.  SIL said that's going a bit far for the dog considering that marrow bones are a menu item in some restaurants.  When we were out, well, there they were.  AND  I ate some AND they were very good!  We have a photo of them because, like roasted brussels sprouts, I never, ever thought I'd say I ate this. Or that I'd say it was good!
 After dinner we celebrated with ice cream and macarons.
 When it was time to turn off the lights and head to bed, our grand-dog decided to get comfortable. And yes, everything was washed today.  If she wasn't so cute....
 Quilt projects include sandwiching and pinning this and tucking it away for future mojo
and working on quilting this.  It was hot enough to have the air conditioning on so I could sit under a quilt and work, and now, it's cooled down enough to sit under a quilt and work.

5 comments:

  1. You've been busy, oh so busy! It all sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been and it HAS been good. Summer goes so very fast.

      Delete
  2. you've been busy...I just love that last quilt! What is the name of the pattern please Denice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh.....this blogger thing is giving me grief.....that pie is chock full of fruit....you don’t skimp on the filling I see! I love that tulip quilt...enjoy the summer....

    ReplyDelete