Friday, July 7, 2017

Octopuses Garden

It was going to be a hot day and we had a visit to the movie theater planned for later in the day so we spent some time doing a craft. 
 The girls used permanent markers on white t-shirts and drew what they wanted.  I learned a long time ago to just let them do what they want, no guidance needed or wanted, thank you very much.


 Then they either sprayed on rubbing alcohol or  dropped drips from a dropper. The result is a tie-dyed look.  When everything was dry I hot ironed it to hopefully set the colors. 

 Elizabeth made what she called octopuses. We wondered what the plural for octopus was and I started singing Ringo Starr's Octopuses Garden and they believed me that it's 'octopuses' but told me to stop singing.

The girls ended up spending the entire day minus movie theater time making more and more and more tie dyed things - pillows, pictures - with my (yikes!) fabric scrap stash.  I kept myself calm and let them do what they wanted.  I kept saying to myself, "they're in the scrap bin, they're in the scrap bin and at least being used." 
This is what passes for a snack around here.  A gob of peanut butter and some chocolate chips in a cup. Adelaide uses a spoon
 and Elizabeth uses her fingers. 

1 comment:

  1. What a good grandma! Your girls (and the boys!) are so lucky to have you in their lives :)

    ReplyDelete