Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Announcing!

The birth of a new blog page!  

Yes, I now have two.  If you will look to the right you will see a big picture (that I wish I could make smaller) of a sun and "Denice's Photos" above that.  Click on the sun and it will take you to my new page devoted just to pictures I've taken.  This is going to be new and fun for me but as PH said when I told him I now have TWO blogs..."TWO?  sigh...."  I can't imagine how many times he's heard me say, "....for my blog..." when talking about something.  But truly I do find myself thinking of posting just about any time of the day.

I want to tell you, though, about his miracle called technology and the absolute dumbness of me (trying not to say the "s" word).  I got into a conversation about the site Snappyfriends (on my blogs I'm following list on the sidebar), a site that I discovered years ago and was instrumental in my starting to blog.  It kind of went away a bit ago but is being resurrected by Chookyblue.  We email talked about me setting up a new page for my photos and linking it to Snappy again. 

Well, factoring in my dumbness,  Sunday night I sat on the couch here in Michigan, U.S.A. and she sat somewhere in her house in Australia and SHE SET UP MY NEW PAGE!!!   I think when it was over and the page was born I called her a brilliant angel and if she was here (or I were there) I would have hugged her till her eyeballs popped out.

I have to tell you, friends, I set this blog up to meet people in the quilting world from all over the world.  Two have been instrumental over the years in holding my hand as I panic about not knowing if the button I just pushed sent my blog into oblivion. Or helping me gadget something or finding something or any number of things that I don't know how to do.  I get it after they hold my hand and guide me through it.  I've always been a "show me, don't tell me" person. But Donna and Carol have really been angels. 

Today, for instance, I was going to put the link onto this page for the photo page.  I couldn't figure something out, then noticed something else about the page and started to hyperventilate.  Knowing Donna was probably asleep because it's the middle of the night in Australia, I called Carol and she talked me off the ledge.

SO, while I don't claim to be an expert, just someone who is comfortable with a camera,  if you like looking, once in awhile click on the quilty sun on the right and go see for yourself.  Donna is going to link other people to the page, so there will be lots to look at.  And who knows,  it might inspire you to start a blog!

Thank you, Donna.   Thank you, Carol.







2 comments:

  1. Congrats Denice on your new photo site. I signed up, and look forward to the lovely shots you'll take. You can help me set a separate page too maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just amazing what we can do thru the internet.........loving the photo blog too by the way.........

    ReplyDelete