Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Inspiration

Saturday I was walking around our little downtown checking out some sights.  I happened to notice one of the stores decorated the window with oil cloth stockings.  They were stapled together.  I went in and bought two pieces for a stocking for my daughter-in-law and son-in-law.  Poor things they've gone ten whole years without a homemade stocking at our house.  They've had to make do with a store bought one that doesn't hold much.  But this idea intrigued me.

 The red piece design had two border prints and a middle poinsettia.  I cut the stocking centering the two borders.

Then cut son-in-law's.   This black check looks masculine, right? Not Christmas-y?

 Well, I used the middle poinsettia from the red stocking to festive it up a little.

Voila!
I added a little eyelet for a cuff and it feminized this one a little.

Easy project, took just a couple of hours and the oilcloth was so very easy to work with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment