Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hatching

It's been a really hard two weeks and the only thing that kept me sane was grabbing a few minutes on an occasional evening and sitting on some eggs. Now, they've hatched:


My blanket stitch needs work, but these little birdies charged my batteries this week. I felt like I needed to have my charger plugged into the wall for a few days but was only given a few hours here or there. It was a fun peaceful project and I'm going to sort buttons right now so I can attach a ribbon for hanging.

2 comments:

  1. Those are darling. Did you have a pattern or is this your own creation? I'd love to make some too! They will look fantastic on a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denice, just thought I would share my tips for good buttonholing/blanket stitch depending where in the world you live it is always called something different.
    1. Try using Perle thread No. 8 instead of DMC
    gives a much firmer stitch.
    2. Small or should I say fine needle no crowbars.
    3. Place the bird on the table so that the bottom on the curve is facing you facing. Start from left to right don't know why but the stitch is more even.
    4. To avoid a join in your buttonholing measure around the item to be buttonholed multiply by 3
    and then add on half of the original outside measurement i.e. say bird measures 8" x 3 = 24 + 4" total length of thread to be 28". Happy stitching. Lesley

    ReplyDelete