Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh, my goodness

It's hard to even describe this cookie. It's from Sarabeth's Bakery, which I mentioned a few blogs ago as my adventure through a cookbook. I intend, in due time, to bake everything in this book. Today I made the Chocolate Chubbies.
Patient Husband, who, you will recall, does not eat baked goods, ate two. TWO! And they're big!



I don't think I've ever made a cookie that has this much chocolate in it. Bittersweet, semi sweet, unsweetened. Butter. 3 CUPS chopped pecans and walnuts (you do have to like nuts and I can't imagine eating chocolate without nuts attached in some form.)



These are the chocolatiest, smoothest, cookie I've ever had - and I'm a cookie monster. Am I blathering? Yes, as I lick my fingers.


If you haven't purchased this cookbook yet, well, what are you waiting for? There is nothing in it that isn't wonderful, decadent, amazing and if you like to bake I can pretty much guarantee every penny you spend on it.


On the second sheet I sprinkled the cookies with a tinch of sea salt. I sit here now, eating one of those and wondering how I'll ever accept any other chocolate cookie in my life. They will all compare to this one.


The recipe says they'll keep for three days. Yeah, right.






1 comment:

  1. OMG! they look delicious...are you really sure they will keep for 3 days (in my house it would be 3 hours!)

    ReplyDelete