Sunday, December 6, 2015

Festivities

We're off and running officially and in full force into the holiday season.  Weekends are booked with family get togethers, the first of which was yesterday with siblings, cousins, aunts, nieces, nephews on my side of the family.  We had a great time at my cousin's house (please notice we are sitting on their porch, the green grass and sunshine in the background.  This is NOT Michigan in winter but we're lovin' it.)
 Laughing with the elders....my aunt turned 90 in September
 Elizabeth had an assignment for school to talk to an elder in the family to ask family history questions and write down the answers.  She chose my mom's sister. Eleanor is 86 and I dare you to keep up with her.
 We are lucky.  We ate too much.
 See what I mean about coloring books? 
 We came home to join Elizabeth and Adelaide (and mom and dad) for dinner downtown and the Santa parade.  It's SO nice to be able to walk just a couple of blocks to enjoy the events and offerings of Lowell.
The Lowell Showboat is dressed in spangles and beads and ready for Santa.  He holds court on the boat now for the next couple of weekends of kiddie visits.

1 comment: