Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The urge to purge

 I have the urge to purge.  And I always say, strike while THAT iron is hot, you never know when you'll be in that mood again.  Well, since I've been retired a whole month, I've been trying to attack a few closets and drawers and cupboards.  One of the projects is my scrap drawer. Over time I had saved anything that looked like a bitsy could be cut out of it again.  And to give credit, sometimes I DID rummage through and found something I could use.  But holy cow,  I've had it.  
SO  I took all of the bags (don't you love those zippered bags sheets and pillowcases and tablecloths come in?  Great for scrap sorting.)  that one day last winter I had presorted by color, took the batting that I had cut into squares, thanks to a blog tip, and started sewing strips on.  At first I tried to be coordinated about it but after awhile I just dipped my hand into the pile and sewed on anything that fit. 
At this count, I now have 45 of these 6 inch squares and ten 9 inch squares.  And two good ideas how to use them. 

Those two good ideas work in my dreams but I haven't tried anything yet for real.  No time.  You can't believe the mess I was in the middle of, but had to put it away for a few days due to the 4th of July holiday.  One of my ideas is to just attach them to each other and back them.  Maybe cut them diagonally and reattach yet again?  Another idea is going to take some thinking but if it works, it's going to be great.  Who knows....these are all scraps and I can do whatever I want.  If anything at all works it's a bonus.  AND I'll have gained a drawer!  I can go shopping!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are really enjoying your retirement! Good for you on making use of those scraps. I love using my scraps. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete